20 Laborers Killed in Attacks on Coal Mines in Duki Balochistan: Local Police

blast - The News Today - TNT

QUETTA: At least 20 miners were killed and seven injured in an armed attack by some unknown terrorists on a small private coal mine in the Duki area of Balochistan on Friday, local police revealed.

The incidents happened in Duki district of the province, where unidentified attackers targeted at least 10 coal mines with hand grenades, killing and injuring the laborers working inside, the district’s political head Haji Khairullah Nasir told media.

Advertisment

He said the attackers set the mines and extraction machinery on fire before fleeing the scene. The district’s police told the media that some of the miners were grouped and shot dead by the attackers.

The bodies and injured laborers were shifted to a nearby hospital, where several of the injured were in critical condition, the eye-witnesses told the media.

The local police in charge Humayun Khan, the SHO Duki has said, “A group of armed men attacked the Junaid Coal Company mines in Duki in the wee hours of Friday, using heavy weapons”.

He said that the armed men fired rockets and grenades at the mines as well.

Most of the victims were residents of different districts of Balochistan, the police official said, adding no group claimed responsibility for the attack.

Meanwhile, Johar Khan Shadizai, a doctor in Duki, said: “We have received 20 bodies and six injured so far at the district hospital.”

Read more: Bangladesh Making Efforts to Extradite Former PM Hasina from India

Subscribe
Notify of
0 Comments
oldest
newest most voted
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments