Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor, the man formerly known as Prince Andrew on Thursday has been arrested on suspicion of misconduct in public office, According to BBC.
The younger brother of King Charles has been in increasingly serious trouble over revelations about his links to the late U.S. sex offender Jeffrey Epstein.
Earlier, British newspapers reported that six unmarked police cars and around eight plain-clothed officers had arrived at Wood Farm on the Sandringham estate in eastern England.
Police said earlier this month officers were considering allegations that Mountbatten-Windsor had passed confidential government documents to Epstein, according to files recently released by the U.S. government.
Mountbatten-Windsor, the second son of the late Queen Elizabeth, has always denied any wrongdoing in relation to Epstein and said he regrets their friendship. He has not responded to requests for comment since the latest release of documents.
Andrew-Mountbatten was forced to quit all official royal duties in 2019, and in October 2025, Charles removed his title of prince over his close relation with Epstein. Earlier this month, he was forced to move out of his royal mansion.
He has faced years of scrutiny over his association with Epstein and, in 2022, reached an out-of-court settlement in a lawsuit filed by Virginia Giuffre, who alleged that he sexually abused her when she was a teenager. Giuffre died by suicide in April 2025.
Also read:Gas cylinder blast kills 16 in Karachi’s Soldier Bazaar







