ISLAMABAD: Balochistan and Sindh have reported 27 new coronavirus cases on Thursday that took the nation-wide toll to 383 with two deaths confirmed so far from Khyber Pakhthunkwa. 22 were reported in Balochistan, while five new cases were recorded in Sindh.
Out of total 383 confirmed infections of COVID-19, number in Sindh reached to 213, Balochistan 45, KP 23, GB and AJK 16, Punjab 78 and Islamabad 8,
Pakistan on Wednesday reported its first death from the virus. Both the deaths were reported from Khyber Pakhthunkwa.
The first victim was a 50-year-old from Mardan who had recently returned from umrah. Sad to report one patient who passed away in Mardan, KP Health Minister Taimur Khan Jhagra said.
“The patient had developed fever, cough and breathing difficulty and tested +ve for corona virus. Contacts are being screened,” the Minister said.
“Sadly, a second patient in LRH Peshawar, a 36-year-old, from Hangu, has also passed away, from the Corona Virus,” Jhagra said.
Earlier, the government of Gilgit-Baltistan retracted its statement regarding a patient dying in the region from the coronavirus, saying the provincial spokesperson had not confirmed the news before breaking it.
Multiple news channels had reported about Pakistan’s first coronavirus patient dying after GB government spokesperson Faizullah Faraq confirmed that a 90-year-old man passed away from the infection.
Faraq had said it seemed to be a case of secondary transmission of the virus as the patient did not have any travel history. However, the GB government’s media coordinator, Rasheed Arshad, explained that the provincial spokesperson broke the news without verifying it.
He said the patient was suffering from pneumonia and kidney complications.
Read more: Novel Coronavirus: Sindh to distribute two million ration bags







