ISLAMABAD: Country-wide death toll due to coronavirus pandemic reaches to 30 as new deaths were confirmed from Punjab, Sindh and Khyber Pakhtunkhwa. The toll of the confirmed infections crossed 2,245 on Thursday.
The Health Authorities in Pakistan have confirmed the 30 deaths all over Pakistan on Thursday morning and have asked people to remain in doors to save themselves and others.
The province-wise break up of the total number of deaths due to coronavirus disease on April 02 Thursday morning shows Punjab is on top of the table with 10 deaths, followed by Sindh with 9 deaths. Khyber Pakhtunkhwa 8, Gilgit Baltistan 2 and Balochistan 1.
The number of confirmed COVID-19 infections in Pakistan jumped to 2,245 after new cases were reported almost all over country.
The province-wise break up given by the authorities regarding total number of infections confirmed on April 02 Thursday morning. Total confirmed cases reported were 2,245 and Punjab jumped to 845, Sindh 709, Khyber Pakhtunkhwa 276, Balochistan 164, Gilgit-Baltistan 184, Islamabad Capital Territory 58 and AJK 9.
Meanwhile, Ten more test positive for coronavirus at quarantine centre 30 suspected coronavirus patients housed at a quarantine centre in Multan on Thursday received their virus test results, according to a spokesperson for the Nishtar Hospital in the city. 10 people tested positive for the contagion, the spokesperson added.
Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Minister for Health and Finance Taimur Jhagra on Thursday said that out of the 121 pilgrims that came to the province from the Pakistan-Iran border at Taftan, several were from Punjab, Sindh and Islamabad.
“We did not abandon these people just because they were mistakenly transported here. We kept these people from Islamabad, Pindi, Karachi, Gujranwala, Gujrat, Jhang and Mandi Bahauddin because it was the right thing to do, despite our limited space and facilities,” he said in a tweet.
KP Government decided that of 121 Taftan returnees to KP, 13 were from Punjab, Sindh & Islamabad. We did not abandon these people just because they were mistakenly transported here”, he added.
“Because once here transporting them back would have exposed many other people across Pakistan to risk,” he said, adding, “In this country-wide crisis, governments may not be able to fix the issues that have built up over 72 years, but we owe it to each other and to this country to act in national interest, not just in self-interest,” he said.
In Multan out of 30 suspected coronavirus patients housed at a quarantine centre in Multan on Thursday received their virus test results, according to a spokesperson for the Nishtar Hospital in the city. 10 people tested positive for the contagion, the spokesperson added.
The international flight operations of Pakistan International Airlines (PIA) on Thursday started the path back to normalcy after two special flights left for Toronto on the request of the Canadian government.
Pakistan had earlier this month suspended international flight operations to and from the country in the wake of the coronavirus outbreak that has affected more than 2,000 and left tens of people dead.
One special flight left from Karachi and the other departed from Lahore. According to reports, the passengers for screened for virus symptoms before boarding and their luggage disinfected.
Read more: COVID-19 pandemic death toll reaches to 25 country-wide and infections crosses to 2,049







