ISLAMABAD: COVID-19 pandemic deaths have crossed to 26 all over Pakistan when new deaths were reported from Punjab, Sindh and Khyber Pakhtunkhwa. The toll of the confirmed infections crossed 2,049 on Wednesday.
The Health Authorities in Pakistan have confirmed the 26 deaths all over Pakistan and have asked people to remain in house to save themselves and others.
The province-wise break up of the total number of deaths due to coronavirus disease as of 1:30pm, April 01. Punjab is on top of the table with 9 deaths,followed by Sindh with 8 deaths. Khyber Pakhtunkhwa 6, Gilgit Baltistan 2 and Balochistan 1.
The number of confirmed COVID-19 infections in Pakistan jumped to 2,049 after new cases were reported almost all over country.
The province-wise break up given by the authorities regarding total number of cases as of 1:30pm on April 01. Total confirmed cases reported were 2,046 and Punjab crossed other provinces with the figure jumped to 708, Sindh 679, Khyber Pakhtunkhwa 253, Balochistan 158, Gilgit-Baltistan 184, Islamabad Capital Territory 58 and AJK 9.
Meanwhile, Special Assistant to the Prime Minister on Information and Broadcasting Firdous Ashiq Awan on Wednesday said that the government would be providing safety kits to journalists working amid the coronavirus outbreak in the country.
“On the directions of PM Imran, the safety kits will be provided to journalists working in virus-hit areas around the country,” Awan said during a video conference with fellow cabinet members on Wednesday.
It is pertinent to note that three more patients of the novel coronavirus have recovered from the illness in Sindh, that took the recovery toll to 54, according to Adviser to Chief Minister Sindh on Law and Environment Murtaza Wahab.
“Another 3 patients have recovered and their corona virus test has come negative. Now the total number of recovered patients in Sindh stand at 54,” he said on Wednesday.
“People should learn that isolation or social distancing is the only cure to corona virus,” he added.
in Global COVID-19 overview it is to mention here that Italy would extend anti-coronavirus lockdown restrictions imposed last month to April 13, health minister Roberto Speranza said.
“We must not confuse the first positive signals with an ‘all clear’ signal. Data shows that we are on the right path and that the drastic decisions are bearing fruit,” Speranza said.
The health minister added that the “battle [against the virus] is still very long”.
Globally, more than 42,000 deaths from the virus have been recorded so far, of which most have been in Europe since the disease first emerged in December.
Meanwhile, more than 860,000 cases of the virus have been registered in 203 countries and territories.
Read more: Coronavirus epidemic death toll jumps to 25 country-wide and infections reaches 1,866







