ISLAMABAD: Death toll due to coronavirus outbreak crosses 45 as new fatalities were confirmed in Sindh and Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, while the number of confirmed COVID-19 infection cases rose to 2,881 on Sunday after new infections were confirmed in the country.
After the rise in the number of cases in Punjab, nation-wide coronavirus tally shot up from 2,689 on Saturday morning to 2,881 on Sunday morning. There have been a total of 136 recoveries so far and 45 deaths from the virus outbreak in Pakistan.
The province-wise break up of the total number of cases given in Coronavirus dashboard at 11:15am, April 5 Sunday, is as total number of confirmed infections was 2,881, with Punjab still on top of the table with 1,163, followed by Sindh 864, Khyber Pakhtunkhwa 372, Gilgit-Baltistan 206, Balochistan 186, Islamabad Capital Territory 78 and AJK 12.
According to province-wise break up of the total number of deaths confirmed by National Health authorities given in Coronavirus dashboard at 11:15am, April 5, Sunday, were 45, Sindh is on top with 15, followed by Khyber Pakhtunkhwa with 14, Punjab 12, Gilgit-Baltistan 3 and Balochistan 1.
In Lahore, people in large number gathered outside the Punjab Governor House on Sunday and complained that they were being sent from one place to another to collect ration.
“We were told we would receive ration from the Governor House at 8pm but now we are being told the ration will be given to us at the local police station,” one person said.
Meanwhile, Punjab Chief Minister Usman Buzdar met with a delegation of Chinese doctors on Sunday to discuss the provincial government’s strategy to curb the spread of the virus. The chief minister also thanked the doctors for sharing their expertise. The Chinese delegation assured the chief minister of their help to the provincial government in the fight against the virus.
The national dashboard on Sunday reported 11 new cases in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa province taking the provincial tally to 383.
The worldwide number of officially confirmed fatalities from the novel coronavirus now stands at above 60,000. More than 1 million declared cases have been registered in 200 countries and territories since the epidemic first emerged in China in December. Of these cases, at least 228,000 are now considered recovered.
Read more: Nation-wide death toll crosses 40, tally of confirmed cases crosses 2,689







