Death toll in Pakistan jumps to 385, confirmed cases cross 16,817

Coronavirus 01052020 - The New Today - TNT

ISLAMABAD: Death toll across the Pakistan reached to 385, while the Coronavirus pandemic infections have crossed 16,817 after fresh infections were confirmed by the health authorities. The death toll out of COVID-19 jumped to 361 while on the other end 4,315 people suffering due to deadly virus have been recovered so far.

As per the figure given by Coronavirus Dashboard in its province-wise break up at 10am on May 01, Friday, total 16,817 was total number of confirmed infections with 6,340 is the number of patients confirmed positive for the epidemic in Punjab, followed by Sindh with 6,053, 2,627 were confirmed cases in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, Balochistan also crossed the 1000 figure of confirmed cases with toll reached to 1,049, 333 was figure in Gilgit-Baltistan, 343 in Islamabad Capital Territory and 66 in Azad Jammu Kashmir.

Advertisment

The figure given by Coronavirus Dashboard in its province-wise break up at 10am on May 01, Friday total deaths were reported in the country were 385 and Khyber Pakhtunkhwa is on top of the fatalities list with 146 deaths. Punjab with 106, Sindh with 112, Balochistan 14, Gilgit-Baltistan 3, Islamabad Capital Territory 7.

Punjab is the worst-hit province by the coronavirus pandemic where 6,340 patients have been tested positive. Chief Minister Sardar Usman Buzdar said the province is now going to start smart sampling.

The CM took to Twitter and wrote, “Punjab is going to start smart sampling and a committee has been formed in this regard which will give its opinion to devise future strategies based on the test results.

“Initially, the government’s priority was to conduct tests of those individuals who were placed in quarantine centers. “Now we will be able to analyze the situation better by
conducting tests of local community as we have increased our testing capacity and the burden has reduced.

Sindh is the second most affected province with 6,053 COVID-19 patients and its governor, Imran Ismail, has also been tested positive for the epidemic.

The Governor Sindh took to the twitter to make the announcement saying, “I have just been tested Covid 19 positive, Allah Kareem inshallah will fight it out.”

He further said, “@ImranKhanPTI thought us to fight out the most difficult in life and I believe this is nothing against what we r prepared for. May Allah give strength to fight this
Pandemic Inshallah.”

Earlier, Sindh government spokesperson Murtaza Wahab told that 182 children under ten and over 900 persons over 60 years of age are suffering from the pandemic in the province.  He urged all to stay at home.

The tally of Covid-19 patients in Balochistan has surged to 1,049. The number of coronavirus cases is increasing in Balochistan as the provincial regime announced relaxation in the lockdown. It has been learnt that the virus has started transmitting
locally and the government needs to take tough decisions to counter the epidemic.

Meanwhile, National Assembly Speaker Asad Qaiser has been tested positive for the novel coronavirus. The speaker took to the twitter to make the announcement saying, “I have just been tested COVID-19 positive and I have quarantined myself in house.” He urged the nation to take precautions and sought their prayers.

Asad Qaiser said that he had symptoms of fever for the last two or three days but now he is feeling well. The NA speaker went on to say that his son and daughter have also been tested positive for the virus.

Read more: Death toll across Pakistan jumps to 361, confirmed cases cross 16,276

Subscribe
Notify of
0 Comments
oldest
newest most voted
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments