ISLAMABAD: Death toll of fatalities of coronavirus pandemic reached to 197 all over Pakistan while the number of confirmed infections has jumped to 9,505 on Tuesday after new infections were confirmed round the country.
The province-wise break up of the total number of cases as of 01:00pm, April 21 Tuesday as total confirmed cases were recorded as 9,505 all over country out of which Punjab is on top of the list with 4,195 confirmed cases of infections, followed by Sindh 3,053, Khyber Pakhtunkhwa 1,276, Balochistan 465, Gilgit-Baltistan 281, Islamabad Capital Territory 185, and AJK 50.
As per the province-wise break up of the total number of death as of 01:00pm, April 21 Tuesday as total deaths were recorded 197, all over Pakistan with Khyber Pakhtunkhwa on tip with 74 fatalities followed by Sindh with 66, Punjab: 45, Balochistan 6, Gilgit-Baltistan 3 and Islamabad Capital Territory 3.
Sindh Chief Minister, Murad Ali Shah attended the National Command and Operation Centre conference via video link on Tuesday. In today’s session, it was decided to form a national database regarding the coronavirus situation across the country. The CM Sindh’s spokesperson said that the database regarding death and infections will converge at national, provincial, divisional, and district level. “We have tested 4,955 people after tracing them,” the provincial minister was quoted as saying by his spokesperson.
Five streets were sealed in Nawab Shah area of Sindh after mismanagement during burial of corona-positive patient. The Deputy commissioner Nawabshah said that after mismanagement and violation of safety protocols during the funeral prayers of a corona-positive man, five streets were sealed. The streets were adjacent to the area where the man lived, said the DC, adding that those who attended the funeral prayers have been quarantined.
Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Minister for Health, Taimur Khan Jhagra has said that the posting of outgoing deputy commissioner Bajaur to the health department has been cancelled. Jhagra said that the civil services were asked for an explanation after the said official held a gathering in violation of the Section 144 imposed during the coronavirus pandemic.
Faisal Edhi, the incharge of the renowned charity organization, Edhi Foundation, has tested positive for the coronavirus. The son of the legendary philanthropist Abdul Sattar Edhi had taken a test for the novel coronavirus two days ago. Edhi had been busy with the charity work during the coronavirus crisis and currently is in Islamabad, according to his family. Following the test results, Faisal Edhi has gone into self-isolation.
Read more: Coronavirus cases rise to 7,993 in Pakistan, 159 dead







