Fine for not wearing mask among new NCOC guidelines

ISLAMABAD: In view of a surge in coronavirus cases during the second wave of the viral disease in the country, the National Command and Operation Centre (NCOC) issued new guidelines banning indoor marriages, fixing Rs100 as fine for not wearing mask and allowing “work from home” for 50 per cent staff of public and private institutions.
Sources in the NCOC said that the provinces had been asked to implement the new guidelines under their own modus operandi.
The decision was taken at a meeting of the NCOC attended by representatives of the Centre and the provinces.
Under the new guidelines, wearing of mask and ‘work from home’ policy have been made compulsory throughout the country from Saturday (today), while the ban on indoor marriages will be enforced from Nov 20.
The NCOC observed that since 16 major cities of the country were highly sensitive these days due to Covoid-19 positivity among the people, the “non-pharmaceutical interventions” (NPIs) or new guidelines would remain in force till January 2021.
The cities with high positivity and higher disease spread potential are: Karachi, Lahore, Islamabad, Rawalpindi, Multan, Hyderabad, Gilgit, Muzzafarabad, Mirpur, Peshawar, Quetta, Gujranwala, Gujrat, Faisalabad, Bahawalpur and Abbottabad.
The NCOC official said a model for enforcement of mask wearing was being implemented under which those fined Rs100 for not wearing mask would be given three masks on the spot. “In fact it is not a fine; the money to be received as fine will be utilised to buy mask for the violator so that he/she can wear mask at the spot,” he added.
Subscribe
Notify of
0 Comments
oldest
newest most voted
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments