Medical board terms Nawaz Sharif’s reports as incomplete

LAHORE: Medical board formed by the government declared the medical reports of former prime minister and Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N) supremo Nawaz Sharif as incomplete.

The medical board lead by Professor Mahmood Ayaz held the meeting and .declared the medical reports submitted by Nawaz Sharif’s personal physician Adnan Khan as “incomplete”.

Advertisment

According to the medical board, Sharif’s blood reports had not been provided, while the reports neither mentioned his current platelets nor any updates regarding his genetic test was provided.

Sources said that the medical board asked the government for fresh and complete medical reports regarding the health of the former premier.

The medical board also informed the government that it could not comment on the incomplete reports of the PML-N supremo.

On Wednesday, Amjad Pervaiz, counsel of the former prime minister submitted a medical report of his client in the Lahore High Court (LHC).

The 10-page report regarding Nawaz Sharif’s health condition was submitted to the Deputy Registrar Judicial.

According to the report, the former prime minister is suffering from intracranial stenosis, a disease regarding the narrowing of the arteries inside the brain.

The report further stated that after Sharif’s various scans, the doctors have recommended him for heart treatment and his condition is still critical.

Sources said that the PML-N supremo’s health report is certified by the Pakistani High Commission in the UK.

The report stated that Sharif should stay in Britain until his treatment. The report also directed the former PM to have daily walk.

On Tuesday, the Punjab government raised several objections to a medical report attached with an appeal of former premier Nawaz Sharif to extend his bail period in the light of the Islamabad High Court’s (IHC) decision. The appeal was filed with the Home Department Punjab on Dec. 24.

Thereby, the government has opposed stay of Sharif in London for medical treatment, and the home department has ordered the former premier to send his latest medical report. A medical board formed to consider the matter will then review the report and the decision to extend Sharif’s bail will be taken in accordance.

On Dec. 30, a PET scan of Sharif was performed at a private clinic in London while he was accompanied by his personal physician Dr Adnan, son Hussain Nawaz, worker Nasir Butt and other officials.

The court had directed Sharif to apply to the Punjab government for further relief under Section 401(2) of the Code of Criminal Procedure (CrCP), 1898.

It was declared by the IHC that unless the provincial government decides the matter while taking up the application, and Sharif’s bail would remain intact until it is decided otherwise by the provincial authorities. According to the order of the court, Mr Sharif may apply for the extension of bail to the Punjab government.

On Oct. 29, the Islamabad High Court (IHC) suspended the sentence of former premier Nawaz Sharif on medical grounds for eight weeks in the Al-Azizia reference case. The court had ordered him to submit two surety bonds of Rs2 million each to the court for securing his release.

A plea for bail had been filed by PML-N President Shehbaz Sharif for his brother Nawaz, who was under treatment at Lahore’s Services Hospital. The court further announced that for an extension in bail, the Punjab government should be approached.

On Oct. 25, Nawaz procured bail on medical grounds in the ongoing Chaudhry Sugar Mills case from the Lahore High Court. The former premier submitted two surety bonds worth Rs10 million each for his release in the case.

Read more: Reply sought from govt over Maryam Nawaz petition

Subscribe
Notify of
0 Comments
oldest
newest most voted
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments