LAHORE: Syed Mohsin Naqvi, caretaker Chief Minister of Punjab has asked the PTI Chairman Imran Khan to provide proof of the killing of 25 people in the May 9 incidents for investigation into the matter.
“Investigation will be launched if the names of 25 people killed in riots are given to the government,” Mohsin Naqvi said.
PTI chief Imran Khan had claimed that 25 people were killed during violent clashes on May 9.
He reiterated that only 11 women prisoners, belonging to PTI, were in jails across the province and a four-time counter check was made after every arrest.
Information Minister Amir Mir said of 300 women involved in the May 9 violence, 46 had been arrested so far. Of them, 29 had been released on bail, he said and contradicted the CM’s claim of the arrest of 11 PTI women. “Some 17 women are in prisons for the identification parade,” Mir said.
Read more: Police finally arrest Ch Parvez Elahi over graft charges







