ISLAMABAD: As China pressed Pakistan for severely punish those involved in Shangla terror attack, Prime Minister Shehbaz Sharif has convened an emergency meeting on Wednesday to discuss the matters related to the security of Chinese working in the country on different projects.
Five Chinese engineers and a local driver were killed when a suicide bomber rammed an explosives-laden vehicle into their convoy on Tuesday, as they headed back to their base camp near Dasu – the headquarters of Upper Kohistan district – from Islamabad.
Reacting to the barbaric attack, the Chinese embassy in a statement strongly condemned the terrorist attack and said they were making every effort to handle the aftermath together with the Pakistani side.
And emergency plan had been launched immediately, the statement read which also mentioned a request to Islamabad to thoroughly investigate the attack and severely punish the perpetrators.
The Chinese mission in Pakistan was taking all necessary measures to protect its citizens, institutions and projects in Pakistan, it added.
Meanwhile, on Tuesday the prime minister rushed to the Chinese embassy in Islamabad soon after the terror attack and promised blanket security for the Chinese nationals as well as a comprehensive probe into the suicide bombing.
He said the government would not the nefarious attempts to undermine the relations between the two countries and sabotage the China Pakistan Economic Corridor (CPEC).
Read more: Shangla Terror Attack: China demands thorough probe; seeks perpetrators’ prosecution







