Sindh minister says no final decision taken for matriculation examinations date

Sindh schools - The News Today - TNT

KARACHI: Sindh Education Minister Saeed Ghani on Thursday said that the final decision about the exams for ninth and tenth classes has not been taken yet.

The provincial minister also reiterated that compulsory examinations of all classes would be held and no one would be promoted without examinations this year.

Advertisment

The ministers said this while chairing a meeting of the school education and literacy department to discuss arrangements for the coming annual exams of matriculation and intermediate.

During the inter-provincial ministers’ meeting, various proposals had been put forward and suggestions sought from all the provinces regarding the restoration of educational activities and schedule of examinations.

Ghani stated that in the last meeting of the steering committee, it was decided to start the matriculation exams on July 1 and the intermediate exams on July 28. “In view of the current situation, we have suspended the teaching process till May 23 in the light of the decision of the NCOC [National Command and Operation Centre] meeting and we will take up the matter further in the next meeting,” he added.

The meeting was informed that all the boards had completed preparations for holding the examinations on the scheduled dates.

The education minister directed them to consider other options as well and prepare a report and submit it to him.

The meeting was attended by School Education Secretary Ahmed Bakhsh Narejo, Additional Secretary Dr Fauzia Khan, Sindh Board Committee and Board of Intermediate Education Karachi Chairman Dr Saeeduddin, and others.

Read more: Punjab to give update on reopening of schools within next 24 hours

Subscribe
Notify of
0 Comments
oldest
newest most voted
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments