Nine Balochistan Constabulary personnel martyred, 7 hurt in Bolan ‘suicide’ blast

attack - The News Today - TNT

QUETTA: At least nine Balochistan Constabulary personnel have been martyred in ‘suicide’ blast occurred in Bolan area of the southwestern Balochistan province, besides seven others were wounded, Police reported.

Another terrorist attack claimed nine lives of Balochistan Constabulary personnel while nine others sustained injuries in a bomb attack in Bolan.

Advertisment

Police said the vehicle of the Balochsitan Constabulary was targeted near Kambarri bridge, adding that injured officials were being shifted to hospital for treatment. Security forces have surrounded the area to collect evidence from the site.

Senior Superintendent of Police (SSP) Kachhi Mahmood Notezai told media on Monday, the blast occurred near the Kambri bridge area of Bolan. The bodies of martyres and the injured were shifted to Divisional Headquarters Hospital.

SSP of Kachhi said that the preliminary evidence suggests it was a suicide attack, however, the exact nature of the blast could be ascertained after the investigations.

He said that a bomb disposal team reached the site of the incident and the area is being searched after the explosion.

Meanwhile, Interior Minister Rana Sanaullah has expressed deep sorrow over loss of lives in the attack. He sought report from the authorities concerned. He said whole nation was stood with the security forces in fight against terrorism.

Expressing condolence with families of the martyred officials, he prayed for speedy recovery of those injured in the attack.

Last month, a blast at a crowded market in Barkhan districts of the Balochistan had killed at least four people and wounded 14. Earlier, two police officers were martyred when a magnetic bomb attached to their vehicle went off in the province’s Khuzdar district.

Violence has surged in Pakistan after the banned TTP unilaterally withdrew from the ceasefire agreement last year.

The blast also comes as Pakistan and the US are set to kick start two-day counter-terrorism dialogue in Islamabad today. A US inter-agency delegation is already in Pakistan for a dialogue on developing approaches to countering terrorist threats both countries have in common.

Additional Secretary (UN&ED) Syed Haider Shah will lead Pakistan delegation and the US delegation will be headed by Acting Coordinator for Counter-terrorism Christopher Landberg.

“The dialogue is aimed at discussing the common threat of terrorism, cooperation at multilateral fora and countering the financing of terrorism,” the Foreign Office Spokesperson said in a press release on Sunday.

The two-day dialogue would provide an opportunity for both sides to exchange views and share their experiences and best practices in the domain of counter-terrorism, it was added.

Read more: Refusal to issue NOC by DC for Aurat March challenged in LHC

Subscribe
Notify of
0 Comments
oldest
newest most voted
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments