Sindh confirms first death of coronavirus, cases in Pakistan surge to 447

KARACHI: Sindh Government has confirmed first death
from COVID-19 that took the death toll to three across the
country while confirmed coronnavirus cases nation-wide surge to
447,

Sindh Health Minister Dr Azra Fazal Pechuho, has confirmed
first death of conronavirus patient, a 77-year-old man, in the
province as the fatalities in Pakistan have risen to three, as
earlier two persons breathed their last in Khyber
Pakhtunkhwa belonging to Hangu and Mardan cities of the province.

Advertisment

Total confirmed COVID-19 cases so far round the country
reached to 447, out of which Sindh has confirmed 245, Punjab
78, KP 23, Balochistan 81, Gilgit Baltistan 13, Islamabad 7
and one in Azad Kashmir.

The death has been verified by Sindh Health Minister as the
victim was a resident of Karachi and had no travel history. He
was admitted to hospital on Thursday in critical condition.

Number of coronavirus cases in Sindh rose to 245 after 37
patients were diagnosed with the epidemic in a single day.
Sindh Chief Minister Syed Murad Ali Shah has advised all to
stay at home. Rs 60 billion have been issued for pilgrims in
Sukkur.

One more coronavirus patient recovers in Sindhm said Advisor
to Chief Minster Sindh, Murtaza Wahab in his tweet: Third
patient of COVID-19 in Sindh who was being kept in isolation
has Alhamdolillah recovered & has tested negative.

Spokesperson of Balochistan government confirmed five new
cases raising the provincial tally to 81.

Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Health Department confirmed four new
cases of COVID-19 and the tally has risen to 23 in the
province. Two of the patients have foreign travel history.

4 new cases of COVID-19 have been confirmed in KP. 2
patients have foreign travel history, 1 is a relative of a
previously confirmed case and 1 has no travel history or
known contact with a confirmed case. Total confirmed cases
in KP are 23 now. #CoronainPakistan

Khyber Pakhtunkhwa on Wednesday reported Pakistan’s first
two deaths from the novel coronavirus.

According to KP Health Minister one of the patients, a 36-
year-old resident of Hangu, being treated at LRH Peshawar
has passed away.

First victim of coronavirus, 50-year-old Sadaat Khan, who
was receiving treatment at Mardan Medical Complex (MMC)
passed away. The patient had returned from Saudi Arabia a
week ago.

After 45 new cases emerged in Punjab, the total number of
patients who are tested positive of coronavirus has reached
78. Punjab Health Minister Dr Yasmeen Rashid said that test
was conducted on 371 people of which 78 cases have been
confirmed.

The minister said that the patients who have been tested
positive of novel coronavirus have been isolated, adding that
80 percent of people will recover with Panadol.

Dr Yasmeen said that currently four patients suffering from
coronavirus are undergoing treatment at Mayo Hospital in
Lahore and they are recovering, while two cases from Gujrat
have also been reported.

Read more: Islamabad High Court due to COVID-19 orders release of inmates of minor crimes from Adiala jail

Subscribe
Notify of
0 Comments
oldest
newest most voted
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments